My Blog List

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rules of success

According to Richard St John, there are eight rules to be followed in order to have success, which are :

Passion: you have to love what you’re doing, not working for money but because you’re enjoying that
Work: do not let the things doing by themselves, you have to be hardworking but also have fun doing this
Practice: find something you’re good at, and work on it to get better and better
Focus: just focus on one point because if you try to be everywhere and to do everything on the same time you’ll fail
Push yourself: try to go beyond your difficulties like shyness and self-doubts
Serve: don’t think about yourself only, success will come if you’re serving the other and don’t be selfish
Ideas: find a great idea can bring success (and a lot of money, like Bill Gates) and to reach this goal you’ll have to listen, be curious, observe, ask questions…
Persist: do not give up at each difficulty, be persevering and brave

In my case, I consider passion as the big rule of success. I can’t do anything if I’m not, at least, interested in. I think you’re definitively not able to manage in your life if you’re not motivated, and motivation comes from pleasure, interest, will, and of course passion. I couldn’t wake up every morning saying “oh no, I have to work”, I have to be motivate by my passion. And it doesn’t working only with professional career, but also with studies. Personally, if I’m not interested on a subject, during a lesson I won’t be able to listen and be concentrated on the topic, and therefore I will probably fail the exam. I can give a concrete example with the marks I had at the first semester exam : I wasn’t interested by the story of literature and I had 9 at the exam. Otherwise, I was passionate by the story of journalism and I had 15.
And it’s the same thing for a career. If you’re passionate by what you’re doing, you work harder, you get more ideas, you go beyond the difficulties, and so you succeed. That’s why I think passion is the real key to success, it brings all the rule Richard St John gave in his conference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment