My Blog List

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Places to hang out in Grenoble

Cinema "La Nef"

I'm in Grenoble since the beginning of the school year, so I don’t know very well the city. But I can propose you at least one or two places where I like to go.

First, if you want to do shopping, you can go to the mall at Grand Place. This is next to Echirolles, and if you don’t have a car, you’ll have to take the tram A in direction of “Echirolles, Denis Papin” and get off at the tram stop called “Grand Place”. In this place, there are many clothing store, and also some places where you can eat, like Mac Donald or a little restaurant in the mall’s center. Plus, there is a library, called Kateb Yacine, where you can borrow books, DVDs, CDs, and also art paintings.

Then, if you want to have a drink with some friends, I advise you to go to the “London pub”, which is my favorite bar in Grenoble. I really like this place because there is a friendly atmosphere, waiters are nice, there are many foreigners students who come in this pub so you can hear many language, which is kinda funny, it’s well decorated and they play good music (in my opinion…). Or, if you like beer, there is a pub called “Les frères Berthom”, in the city center, where you can try many different kinds of beer. This pub is really cool, the decoration is great (there is a tree inside!), and the music is super too.

Finally, if you want to see a movie, you can go at "La nef", a great cinema close to Victor Hugo's parc, where movies are in original version with subtitles. This cinema is easy to recognize, it's the one with Woody Allen, Charlie Chaplin or Alfred Hitchcock drawn on the front.

I hope I helped you, and I’m sorry if it’s not really original…! Have a nice time in Grenoble !

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandrine!!
    I agree with you!
    "London pub" and "Les frères Berthom" It's a very good idea for to pass a good time with your friend!!!these are frendlies places!!
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you too =)
    "La nef" is a great cinema because most of the movies are in original version so, if you like it, you must just go ! And the price is more appreciable that the price at "Chavant" who is just for money ! Next time, we will go together no ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. La Nef is great ! I always go to this cinema, when i want watch a movie in Grenoble =)

    ReplyDelete